it’s a sunday afternoon. what is a sunday funday without chocolate.
it’s just a sunday.
sundae. i wan’t a sundae.
okay i am getting off track.
sadly, i don’t have a sundae today, however, i do have a double chocolate mini cake for you!
it’s a type of “mug cake” but i made it in a bowl so i guess it’s a “bowl cake”. it also only takes 5 minutes to prepare, is healthy, and a great afternoon snack.
if you want a more filling snack or if you want this for breakfast, feel free to try my healthy double chocolate pancakes! instead.
•2 tbsp wholemeal flour (~20g)
•1/8 tsp baking powder
•1/16 tsp baking soda
•1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
•1 package of stevia
•1 egg white
•1 + 1/2 tbsp fat free plain yogurt (~30g)
•1 + 1/2 tbsp skimmed milk
stir-ins (basically, optional)
1. in a bowl, mix dry ingredients together. make sure there are no baking powder/baking soda/flour balls/lumps
2. in a separate bowl, beat egg white, add in yogurt and milk. stir well.
3. fold wet ingredients into dry and mix but do not overmix. fold in stir-ins but do not over mix either.
4. rinse the bowl you had your wet ingredients in and dry it. grease it with PAM cooking spray or a tiny bit of oil. using a paper napkin, wipe it so that everywhere is covered well enough. pour your batter into this bowl and let it sit for 1 minute.
5. microwave on high for 1min45 sec. carefully remove from microwave and flip onto plate. the cake is very soft so be careful!
6. enjoy your snack and feel free to top with chocolate yogurt, pudding, more chocolate chips, chocolate syrup or anything your heart desires!