over the weekend, i had a massive… “brainstorm explosion.” i just sat in my living room trying to think up of new recipes that i’ve been itching to try for ages now. starting with banana bread. i’ve made healthy banana bread before, but it was so complicated and i had to make applesauce and all that jazz and i just didn’t want to do that.
all of this led me to think of a new one. a simpler one. a better one.
healthy banana bread
the end result came out better than expected. it was moist, fluffy, and, what i would call, pure banana bread bliss. the best part? it’s low fat and super healthy!
*please note that this is a mini loaf, approximately 15cm long (6inches)
okay, are you ready?
•1/2 cup + 1 tbsp wholemeal flour (80g)
•1/2 tsp cinnamon
•1/4 tsp nutmeg
•1/2 tsp baking powder
•1/4 tsp baking soda
•4 packages of stevia or sweetener of choice
•1/8 tsp salt
•1/2 cup very well mashed ripe banana (you can also blend/process the banana to make sure that there are not as many huge lumps)
•2 eggs at room temperature
•2 tbsp low fat yogurt (i used paul’s 99.8% fat free yogurt because it has a thicker consistency than other yogurts)
•2 tbsp skim milk
•¾ tsp vanilla extract
1. preheat oven to 175ºC(350ºF)
2. in a medium-large bowl, combine all of dry ingredients. make sure that there are no big lumps made up of baking soda and what not.
3. in a separate, smaller bowl, mix together all of wet ingredients. mix, mix, mix very well.
4. pour wet ingredients into the dry, while mixing until just incorporated. do not over mix!!!!
5. line a mini loaf dish or pan with PAM cooking spray or a little bit of oil. transfer batter into pan and carefully place on the center of the middle rack of your oven. bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out completely clean.
6. let it cool down a little bit and enjoy it with some coffee, some tea, or anything else your heart desires. yum.